Volunteers are needed for the Grandad Half Marathon, Three Rivers 5K Run/Walk, and Cycling events held on Saturday, May 4th. To better accommodate all volunteers, we are asking you to identify your preference in times as well as job duties. Over 200 volunteers are needed, so please sign up soon and share this information with friends, family and co-workers!
Volunteer duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Saturday, May 4
- Half Marathon Course
- Course Marshals (direct traffic and cheer on runners throughout the course)
- Most volunteers are needed as course marshals
- Volunteers working the course must be at least 18 years old or with a parent
- 5K Course downtown La Crosse (direct traffic, cheer on runners/walkers)
- Cycling Criterium Course downtown La Crosse (direct traffic, cheer on cyclists)
- Packet Pick Up at the Radisson Center (hand out runner shirts / bags)
- Starting Line at Grandad Bluff (help set-up and assist runners with their bags)
- Starting Line at Riverside Park (help set-up and assist runners with their bags)
- Finish Line at Riverside Park (hand out water and food, medals, assist runners, etc.)
Volunteer T-shirt Pick Up will be the week of April 29th!
We welcome individual volunteers or volunteer groups.
Students who take advantage of the student discount entry fees are required to volunteer for four hours. A representative from the Grandad Half Marathon will contact you regarding volunteer opportunities for Friday, May 3rd.
For questions or concerns regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact Kerry Gloede
at (608) 789-7596.
« go back